The EF540 runs on the enterprise-proven SANtricity 10.84 software platform and offers several advanced replication features including snapshots, synchronous mirroring, and asynchronous mirroring. It supports 8 x 8Gb Fibre Channel (FC), 8 x 6Gb Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), 4 x 10GbE (iSCSI), and 4 x 40Gb InfiniBand (IB).
- Dual active controller with automated I/O path failover.
- A wide range of RAID levels to choose from.
- Redundant, hot-swappable controllers, disk drives, power supplies, and fans
- Automatic drive failover detection and rebuild using global hot spares
- Mirrored data cache with battery backup and destage to memory
- Nondisruptive controller firmware upgrades
- Proactive drive health monitoring that tracks SSD wear life and issues an alert when various threshold is reached
- Background media scan with autoparity check and correction
But how do the two controllers in an EF540 Flash Array work in concert?
Dedicated links inside the chassis enable the dual controllers to communicate with each other as well as its 24 solid state drives.